The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development has disclosed that it will start the registration of the third batch of N-Power volunteers next week.

The decision to register the third batch of the platform was made sequence to meetings and a review of the submissions on the amendment of the scheme for greater efficiency.

The Ministry also described that the registration will give opportunities for more Nigerian youths to obtain the scheme, in progress of the President’s vision of moving 100 million Nigerians out of deficiency.

The ministry disclose that the current volunteer of the scheme (Batch A) will be disengaged June 30, 2020 while (Batch B) will also be disengaged from the scheme on July 31, 2020.

Rhoda Iliya, the Deputy Director Information of the ministry revealed this in a statement in Abuja on Friday.

Sadiya Farouq said in a statement that, “We have commenced the transitioning of beneficiaries from Batches A and B into government entrepreneurship schemes and engaging private sector bodies to absorb some of the beneficiaries after the completion of psychometric assessment to determine competency and placement into various opportunities.

“The Federal government is committed to the continuation and expansion and as such will now begin enrolment and onboarding of a new Batch of beneficiaries. Skills acquisition for entrepreneurship and job creation are critical for an economy that will require a boost post-COVID-19 and we are gearing up proactively for the challenge.”

ministry said concerning the application mode: “Applications will be conducted using a hybrid system of enrolment to ensure that all Nigerians are given an opportunity to participate. As a Ministry that caters for the vulnerable, we will also make special considerations for Persons living with disabilities.

“The online portal would be open to receive applications from noon on June 26, 2020 and will provide a level playing field for all applicants.

“As part of the Ministry’s reforms to make the programme more efficient, all applicants must supply their Bank Verification Number (BVN) in their application to ensure a streamlined and transparent selection process.”

The ministry added that once applications are submitted, it will be evaluated and publish a list of fortunate applicants.

The  also disclosed that comprehensive details for the fresh set of volunteers will be declared in the coming weeks.

But stated that past volunteers will not be permitted to participate in the application process.

The N-Power scheme was established by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP) with the mandate of lifting Nigerians out of poverty via capacity building, investment, and direct support.

The programme has registered 500,000 volunteers so far with 200,000 from first batch which commenced in September 2016 and 300,000 from second batch which started in August 2018.

The volunteers were assumed to spend 24 months on the scheme and were extended across the key industries targeted by the scheme; agriculture, health, education, and tax.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post