A raging inferno Friday gutted a section of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Gombe branch destroying the office of the Branch Controller.

When the Nation visited the scene of the fire incident, the CBN staff were seen running for safety.

Our source say a number of staff members were injured in the incident but did not disclosed their identity even as he begged for anonimity.

We also gathered that some of the injured staff and those who inhaled carbon monoxide have been rushed to the Federal Teaching Hospital Gombe for medical attention.

However, our source said the inferno did not extend to the vault and other important areas.

“So far no life was lost but due to the smoke, some were taken to the Federal Teaching Hospital Gombe for resuscitation. It majorly the office of the controller that was affected destroying documents but it didn’t extend to the vault,” the source stated.

Meanwhile a tweet by the Central Bank of Nigeria has denied loss of lives adding that the incident was caused by electrical fault.

“Today, a minor fire incident was reported at our Gombe branch. The fire which started from an electrical fault and partially destroyed some furniture in the Branch Controller’s office, was promptly put out. There was no injury and no record or other asset of the Bank was affected,” said the tweet.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post