Kayode Fayemi, the Executive Governor Ekiti State, has confirmed that the suspected perpetrators of the violence that led to the termination of two life in Omuo-Ekiti during Saturday’s Ekiti East Constituency 1 House of Assembly bye-election, has been arrested with an assurance that they will be brought to justice in accordance with the law of the state.

Dr Kayode Fayemi revealed this when he paid a sympathy call to Oba Noah Omonigbehin, the Olomuo of Omuo Ekiti, in Omuo- Ekiti palace on Sunday.

Governor said the culprits would be charged to court on Monday as murder.

Dr Fayemi told Olomuo-in-Council and other chiefs at Olomu palace that the Commissioner of Police had confirmed the arrest of those responsible for the violence.

The governor, who was accompanied by the Senator representing Ekiti South, Abiodun Olujimi; Commissioner of Police, Tunde Mobayo; Special Adviser Security Matter, Brig-Gen Ebenezer Ogundana (rtd) and other stakeholders said the incidents are not politicitized, noting that the full judgement of the law would be on everyone causing violence to serve as persuade other criminals.

Governor, who call to the scenes, also paid sympathy call to the families of the deceased.

Dr Fayemi also pay a visit to some of the injured at the Methodist Hospital in Omuo-Ekiti and the Federal Teaching Hospital, Ido Ekiti (FETHI), where he pledged that the medical bills of those in the hospital would be settled by the state government to serve as an assistance to the deceased families in order to curb their pains.

Governor Fayemi said before the election, he had been discussing with Senator Olujimi and other major stakeholders in the state on the peaceful conduct of the bye-election and the progress of constituency.

Governor in his reaction to journalists at the Federal Teaching Hospital, Ido- Ekiti, said he was shocked by the downturn of the election processes, noting that “There is no election that is worth the blood of any citizen of this state.”

Dr Fayemi also added that, “This is unacceptable and those who are found culpable will have to face the maximum wrath of the law, but that can’t bring back those whose lives have been lost.

“I have visited all those who were injured and I have assured their family members and I have also spoken to the Chief Medical Director here and I think they are being looked after with competent care.

“Government shall be responsible for all the expenses of the people who were injured and those who have lost family members too whatever we can do to reduce the level of pain, government will try and do that".

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post